www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - fractal4d slowdown/instability in this situation
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

fractal4d slowdown/instability in this situation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

duke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: fractal4d slowdown/instability in this situation Reply with quote

It's entirely possible it's a conflict with something else on my end, but from what I can see here, XSI(6) slows down and 90% of the time shows up a warning when trying to render this simple setup. Plug the fractal4d node into ambient or diffuse or whatever you like and see it render without a hitch.

Oh damn my hosting is down - anyway all I've done is activated bump (not bump-only), plugged it into a bump-generator which is then plugged into the surface bump. I've applied this to a grid in a clean, default scene.

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which warning is shown on your site?
I will try to reproduce it.

About the bump:
The Bumpmap generator does not work for procedural shaders, if you don't use a texture_vector input. I know there is this workaround to use it for XSI procedurals. The Bumpmap generator between a procedural and the bump input does notthing than increasing the render time.
Please use Zbump or copy the fractal and activate "bump only".

duke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok - I'll use zbump from now on then.

The error I get is:
WARNING : PHEN 0.3 warn 052003: accessing shader sib_uvwgen defined in scope txt3d-BA_fractal4d2 from scope root

And:
WARNING : PHEN 0.4 warn 052004: shader sib_uvwgen called in incorrect scope root attempted to access its interface
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: