www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - add custom dlls to maya bin
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

add custom dlls to maya bin

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Questions - v6.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  

pbillet

Location/Company/Country: Paris/CGEV Studio/France

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: add custom dlls to maya bin Reply with quote

Hi, I would like to render maya jobs using Miarmy plugin.
So far I've been able to deploy the plugin using RR central storage, but I still have files I need to have local on the render machines.
Miarmy requires the user adds some addtionnal dlls to maya/bin folder ( PhysX.....dll).

Is there a way to add such dlls using central storage and RR environment so renderer loads it in addition to maya local bin folder ?

Rgds

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could add a copy command to the setent/maya.bat.

Otherwise it could be that the .DLL can be placed into a folder that is part of the %PATH% environment variable.
Afaik the folder \_RR6\render_apps\renderer_plugins\maya\win_x64\2014\plug-ins is in %PATH%

pbillet

Location/Company/Country: Paris/CGEV Studio/France

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, I had noticed \_RR6\render_apps\renderer_plugins\maya\win_x64\2013\plug-ins is in %PATH%, but the dlls don't seem to be loaded when they are put here.

I've also asked to miarmy dev, maybe something is hardcoded in maya/bin in their plugin.
If they give no solution, the copy command is an acceptable workaround, thanks for that

Rgds

EDIT: I had not tested correctly, it works while in \_RR6\render_apps\renderer_plugins\maya\win_x64\2013\plug-ins

Thanks very much
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Questions - v6.x All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: