www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - rrVer6.02.14 Submission Error
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

rrVer6.02.14 Submission Error

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Questions - v6.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mncrnich

Location/Company/Country: United States

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: rrVer6.02.14 Submission Error Reply with quote

I am running rrServer 6.02.14 on WIN7_sp1.
Just updated server and workstation submission plugins.

Clients are workstations running 6.02.14 on OS X 10.7.5

I am attempting to submit from C4D R14 via rrPlugin Submitter. I can get the rrSubmit plugin to open with the fields properly populated. However, once I click "Submit Job(s)" NOTHING happens. It is like it just dies. No entry into rrControl. However, I do get this error on the server log.

Quote:
07.09 11:32.27; Error - Client version unsupported 'Macpro_13';; (incomingConnection)rrServer console L 6.02.14 [476e64,0,0,0,0|]
07.09 11:43.13; Error - Client version unsupported 'Macpro_13';; (incomingConnection)rrServer console L 6.02.14 [476e64,0,0,0,0|]
07.09 11:51.04; Error - Client version unsupported 'Macpro_14';; (incomingConnection)rrServer console L 6.02.14 [476e64,0,0,0,0|]
07.09 11:53.32; Error - Client version unsupported 'Macpro_14';; (incomingConnection)rrServer console L 6.02.14 [476e64,0,0,0,0|]

What is weird is these are the two workstations which I just updated. I ran the workstation installer within the \bin\mac directory. Ironically I can successfully submit a job from an older workstation submission script. I successfully ran the "rrSubmit" plugin from a different workstation with the older plugin.

Thoughts?

Why would I receive a "Error - Client version unsupported" when I just updated the workstation_installer with the same version!?!?

Thank you,

M

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The error message could be wrong, it could be rrSubmitter version unsupported.

Which version does the rrSubmitter show?

mncrnich

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Which version does the rrSubmitter show?

This is on my OS X 10.7.5 machine. I ran the workstation_installer from the 6.02.14 network share install. The version shown on the rrSubmitter is 6.02.09 rrVer6.02.09.

I think IT IS something with the rrSubmitter version.

mncrnich

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I resolved this issue. It was an error on my part. I was under the assumption that when I ran the server updater that it would update the file within the rr network share. Apparently this did not happen. So even though I updated the WIN7 server, the "workstation_installer" living on the file server did not update, thus it was the installer for an older version. Once I updated the rr network share files, then re-ran the "workstation_installer", the rrSubmitter is now rrSubmitter 6.02.14 with rrVer 6.02.14.

Sorry for the annoyance. Guess I will need to update all the workstation submitters.

Anyway to combine the installer that it updates the server & shared directory / file repository?

Thank you,

M

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Sorry, but I do not understand. You have one single network folder with all RR files, do you?

Or have you created a RR installation on every machine?

mncrnich

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry, but I do not understand. You have one single network folder with all RR files, do you?

I do have a single network folder with all the RR files. However, my RR server and RR network share folder are on different computers. My RR server is a WIN7 machine. BUT the NAS server with the RR share folder is an OS X Mountain Lion machine.

I think that even though I ran the updater on the WIN7 server, it did not update the RR files on the network folder.

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

>I do have a single network folder with all the RR files
>my RR server and RR network share folder are on different computers.

Still a bit confused:
So do you have "one single location" (the RR applications can be found only once in your whole company)
or do you have one on your NAS/fileserver and a second application directory on your rrServer?
You should only have one.

If that is confirmed, then an update replaces all files in this single location.
If you use OSX, then you need to install two updates. The Windows/linux and the OSX update.

mncrnich

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So do you have "one single location" (the RR applications can be found only once in your whole company)

YES

Quote:
If you use OSX, then you need to install two updates. The Windows/linux and the OSX update.

This was the solution. I did not realize I needed to install TWO updates.

Thank you,

M
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Questions - v6.x All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: