www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - rrClient with RenderManPro Server render crashes in 6.02.08
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

rrClient with RenderManPro Server render crashes in 6.02.08

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Bug reports - v6.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  

vertex

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: rrClient with RenderManPro Server render crashes in 6.02.08 Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm still in testing of your software and trying to implement it into our pipeline(mostly RenderMan, Modo, Maya, AE, Nuke rendering).
Testing of Modo went fine, at least with GUIs opened. I haven't tried the services up yet, but it should not make much of a difference.
Testing of RenderMan didn't even fully started and I have already hit the wall :]
Long story short, I was trying to move all client side network rendering with RenderMan Pro Server to the one centralized installation with the help of RR(which is really great feature!). Renders were crashing no matter what I changed, so I changed the debug state of renders and found that renders are crashing during clients copying Maya project files from the network drives(samba on linux).
Log from one of the client:

10.29 18:26.07; ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
10.29 18:26.07; Job Received: {JYU} rrenderTEST.ma|RenderMan|--| \ TEST \ rrenderTEST
10.29 18:26.07; loading render configs...
10.29 18:26.08; delete old files...
10.29 18:26.08; init start/end {JYU} rrenderTEST.ma|RenderMan|--| \ TEST \ rrenderTEST..
10.29 18:26.08; CPU reduction: not enabled => reduce:0
10.29 18:26.08; Rendering Job 1-9,4
10.29 18:26.08; default job...
10.29 18:26.08; ClientRenderAppID: -1 renderAppListID: 48
10.29 18:26.08; initLocalRender...
10.29 18:26.08; initLocalRender
10.29 18:26.08; Rendering to: \\192.168.2.254\Projects1_1\TEST\renderman\images
10.29 18:26.08; getExeFile...
10.29 18:26.08; Executable copy: start sync... '\\192.168.2.254\Exchange_1\rrender\render_apps\renderer_exe\renderman\win_x64\' => 'C:\RR_localdata\renderer_exe\renderman\win_x64\'
10.29 18:26.18; Executable copy: 402 files, 134394 MB copied
10.29 18:26.19; Auto-version change. Job: 17.0 client config: 1.0
10.29 18:26.19; Searching for C:\RR_localdata\renderer_exe\renderman\win_x64\RenderManProServer*\bin\prman.exe
10.29 18:26.19; Found: 17.0 C:\RR_localdata\renderer_exe\renderman\win_x64\RenderManProServer-17.0\bin\prman.exe
10.29 18:26.19; app with same major version found
10.29 18:26.19; try to find largest one with same minor version
10.29 18:26.19; start(C:\RR_localdata\renderer_exe\renderman\win_x64\RenderManProServer-17.0\bin\prman.exe) posStarta=38 posStartb=46 result(C:\RR_localdata\renderer_exe\renderman\win_x64)
10.29 18:26.19; sceneIsMultiFrame ?...\\192.168.2.254\Projects1_1\TEST\rrenderTEST.ma
10.29 18:26.19; rrCopySceneLocal...
10.29 18:26.19; replaceTexturefiles 2<>1<>1 1
10.29 18:26.19; Error - Unable to copy scene file '\\192.168.2.254\Projects1_5\TEST\rrenderTEST.ma' "=>" 'C:\RR_localdata\cachedscenes\Projects1_FN_TEST\rrenderTEST.ma'; Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified..;; (p:_ClientJobs::rrCopySceneLocal())rrClient L 6.02.07 [701f5fb4,,,,|4187fd,0,,,|6f97c321,,,,|]
10.29 18:26.19; create batches...
10.29 18:26.19; log file name '1029_18261_RENDER1' JYU_776C_rrenderTEST.ma_RenderMan__rrenderTES
10.29 18:26.19; Starting 1 Job instances... {JYU} rrenderTEST.ma|RenderMan|--| \ TEST \ rrenderTEST
10.29 18:26.20; done...

Network share Projects1_1 should remain 1(not Projects1_5) to copy the file from network drive to local harddrive.

Just to be sure, I'm also copypasting the log from rrControl:

R 2| ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ START ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R 3| ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 6.02.00 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R 4| +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R 5| "*************** Rendering frame 1 ***************"
R 6|
R 7| >"C:\RR_localdata\renderer_exe\renderman\win_x64\RenderManProServer-17.0\bin\prman.exe" -progress "\\192.168.2.254\Projects1_1\TEST\rrenderTEST.ma"
R 8|
R 9| >"\\192.168.2.254\Exchange_1\rrender\bin\win\rrCheckexitcode.exe" -1073741515 0 1
R 10| +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R 11| +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R 12| ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Render Executable done +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R 13| ++++++++++++++++++++ Royal Render checks the return code of the executable ++++++++++++++++++++
R 14| ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 10.29. 18:25.35 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R 15| ++++ Executable returned -1073741515 (0x c0000135) as exit code for frame 1.
R 16| +++++ Render crashed

I tried to triplerecheck if I made a mistake, but can't find anything that could help to resolve this issue. Could you please take a look at it? It is pretty important for the company as it will have impact on implementation and investments to the RR.

Thank you,
Best Regards,

Martin Luknar
Technical Support
Vertex Creation

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The Standalone rederer prman can only render .rib files.
If you want to render .ma files, you have to use Maya with the prman plugin.

Please try to submit the scene from inside Maya. It should select as renderer "Maya - prman".
You also need to tell Maya where to find prman.
In RR\render_apps\_setenv\win\maya.bat is a line for the prman installation path.

vertex

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were right, RfM is working through the plugin in Maya. Got some issues with pixar.license file, but it is working already - .ma scenes are rendering correctly.
So, the flaw is gone.

Anyways, I'm still trying to start rendering through RPS(Pro Server) prman - this should be the final result. I'll keep in touch.

Thank you for the quick response,

Martin

vertex

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

I wanted to keep in touch, so here are my updates.

As you mentioned before, prman works only with .rib files, which could be generated through prman genrib command directly in Maya through script editor.

But there are some flaws in rrSubmitter.
1. Image Dir is not read and set correctly, you have to change it from <imagedir> to the \\<networkpath>\<projectdir>\<imagedir>
2. image size is not read correctly
3. Render Licenses is not set(only if you are trying to render through plugin RfM)

and to the render itself:
I had som serious errors during the render and solved them editing following:
1. X:\rrender\render_apps\_setenv\win\renderman_proserver.bat

@echo on

Set "PATH=%rrBaseAppPath%\RenderManProServer-17.0\bin;%PATH%"

Set "RMSTREE=%rrBaseAppPath%\RenderManStudio-4.0-maya2012"
Set "RMANTREE=%rrBaseAppPath%\RenderManProServer-17.0"

Set "PIXAR_LICENSE_FILE=\\192.168.2.99\Pixar\pixar.license" (only if you are using floating license)

2. it still kept me giving errors, so I found, that prman(RPS) can't work w/o RMS, so I had to add RMS to the X:\rrender\render_apps\renderer_exe\renderman\win_x64

the error was: C01001 {ERROR} Error opening DSO RLFInjector: @/RLFInjector: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

you can find answer here https://renderman.pixar.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=115749#post115749. or if you are not a member, here's the copypaste:
Code:
The RLFinjector DSO is part of the RMS package, so you need to have that installed as well. The DSO is responsible for injecting the RiSurface calls into the RIB file. Can you see if installing RMS fixes your issue?

answer is: it fixes my problem.

3. the third one I can't figure out, so here's the error message from render log:

R 1| +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R 2| ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ START ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R 3| ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 6.02.00 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R 4| +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R 5| "*************** Rendering frame 1 ***************"
R 6|
R 7| >"C:\RR_localdata\renderer_exe\renderman\win_x64\RenderManProServer-17.0\bin\prman.exe" -progress "C:\RR_localdata\cachedscenes\Exchange_1_rman_test\renderman\d47fc69f\0001\perspShape_Final.0001.rib"
R 8| R90011 {SEVERE} Can't open display image renderman/test/images/test_1.tif (System Error: No such file or directory)
R 9|
R 10| >"\\192.168.2.254\Exchange_1\rrender\bin\win\rrCheckexitcode.exe" 2 0 1
R 11| +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R 12| +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R 13| ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Render Executable done +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R 14| ++++++++++++++++++++ Royal Render checks the return code of the executable ++++++++++++++++++++
R 15| ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 05.22. 15:50.24 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
R 16| ++++ Executable returned 2 (0x 2) as exit code for frame 1.
R 17| +++++ Render crashed

directory exists, file should be the output of the render from RPS. I can't figure out, what is the root of the problem.

Just to be clear: Local render of the test.mb file works - preview render(RfM) and also batch render(RPS).

Best Regards,

Martin

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

>Can't open display image renderman/test/images/test_1.tif
The path in the rib file is relative to the rib.
Please disable "local scene copy" in the rr job settings.
I will automatically unset this setting with the new rib parser update.

>But there are some flaws in rrSubmitter.
Please send me one of your rib files, then I can update the submitter plugin.
www.RoyalRender.de/upload_r.php

>Render Licenses is not set(only if you are trying to render through plugin RfM)
The render license is at least set to the render application and the renderer name.
But after submission as you can change the application and the renderer in the lower left of the rrSubmitter.

>I had some serious errors during the render and solved them editing following:
>1. X:\rrender\render_apps\_setenv\win\renderman_proserver.bat
Ok, that is a bug in RR.
%rrBaseAppPath% should point to the RenderManProServer-17.0 folder.

Please execute a client with commandline flags
rrClientsonsole -debug -logflushall
let it get a renderman job and upload the log file RR\sub\log\C_....
www.RoyalRender.de/upload_r.php

vertex

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Holger

- allow local scene copy(unchecked) doesn't work, still the same error
"R90011 {SEVERE} Can't open display image renderman/test/images/test_1.tif (System Error: No such file or directory)"
it is like he is trying to save the file into the dir parsed from the rib file and ignoring the Image Dir field set in the rrSubmitter. i don't get the message anyways - why is he trying to open the file? it should be just rendered and saved to the proper directory, even on the network.
- .rib file was uploaded (it was basic sphere)
- yes, that worked, but everytime i'm sending the .rib file through rrSubmiter, I need to click on the Software or Renderer in the Software field of the rrSubmitter to update the Render Licenses field in the upper part of the rrSubmitter. It doesn't work automatically - I think that is not a bug, just the way how you have to set rrSubmitter before sending the job to the farm.
- great, I have a workaround for now and it's working, so will wait for an update
- log file(client+job) was uploaded (vertex in the name)

- forgot to mention, i'm now using RR version 6.02.12a

BR,

Martin

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

A file has to be opened, no matter if you want to read or write to it.

>and ignoring the Image Dir field set in the rrSubmitter
You cannot override an image path of the rib file at render time. prman does not allow it.
Also I am wondering how you have done it. I rechecked, by default RR forbits overriding the the path for the output image for .rib files in rrSubmitter. It is set in the A01_rib__ProServer.cfg file. Have you modified that file? If I load the .rib into the rrSubmitter, the image dir is disabled and I cannot change it.
To recheck: You are loading .rib files into the rrSubmitter, right?
So after all I think relative output paths are not possible with rib files.
Have you tried to render your rib files without RR? Does they work? If not, then they will not work with RR.
You need to set the full image output path when you generate your .rib files.

>-but everytime i'm sending the .rib file through rrSubmiter, I need to click on the Software or Renderer
>in the Software field of the rrSubmitter to update the Render Licenses field in the upper part of the >rrSubmitter. It doesn't work automatically
I retested it. As I said the rrSubmitter will add at least the renderer name if you submit the job.
I loaded the rib file and hit directly submit. After submission, in rrControl, select the job and export it as xml. In the xml you will see "<RequiredPlugins>", there is "ProServer" set as render license.

vertex

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You cannot override an image path of the rib file at render time. prman does not allow it.
Also I am wondering how you have done it. I rechecked, by default RR forbits overriding the the path for the output image for .rib files in rrSubmitter. It is set in the A01_rib__ProServer.cfg file. Have you modified that file? If I load the .rib into the rrSubmitter, the image dir is disabled and I cannot change it.

- yes you can, just uncheck and check back layer in the loaded scene(.rib file in this case) in rrSubmitter. then the image path will be editable. (tho, now I see it is not the way you were coding it :]) Anyways, the image output path is default for the renderman renders set in Maya, it also has relative paths with variable $STAGE(I checked the box to substitute the variable $STAGE for the name of the maya project file). if I don't change it to the whole network path, the render ends up with the following error on server side: Output directory not found. Even if it the output directory created manually.

To recheck: You are loading .rib files into the rrSubmitter, right?
- yes, that is correct

So after all I think relative output paths are not possible with rib files.
- probably

Have you tried to render your rib files without RR? Does they work? If not, then they will not work with RR.
- yes, I wrote it before, in my yesterdays post, that local renders work

You need to set the full image output path when you generate your .rib files.
- I don't think this is possible, because of the way prman is reading the relative paths to everything(shaders, textures, outputs...etc).

I loaded the rib file and hit directly submit. After submission, in rrControl, select the job and export it as xml. In the xml you will see "<RequiredPlugins>", there is "ProServer" set as render license.
- ok great!

thank you!

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>- I don't think this is possible, because of the way prman is reading the relative
>paths to everything(shaders, textures, outputs...etc).
I know relative paths work for other path inside the rib, but not for the output.

>- yes, I wrote it before, in my yesterdays post, that local renders work
Which commandline parameters did you enter to render the .rib file? Any special parameter?
RR just uses prman.exe -progress <ribfile>

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I installed the same prman version you are using and doing some tests

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, first conclusion:
If you batch render via the Maya menu, then mayabatch is used with the prman plugin loaded.
Not prman.exe to render the .rib files.

Do you want to render the .mb scenes directly on the farm?
Or do you want to export .rib files and render these files on the farm?

vertex

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR just uses prman.exe -progress <ribfile>
- I did some test and it looks like that just prman -progress .rib is not enough. you always end up with the error: R90011 {SEVERE} Can't open display image renderman/test/images/test_1.tif (System Error: No such file or directory) - the same RR is doing.

Which commandline parameters did you enter to render the .rib file? Any special parameter?
- I was rendering through GUI, but was able to get the render working through commands in CLI. long story short:
Code:
prman -t:0 -Progress -cwd "X:\rman_test" "renderman\test\rib\0001\perspShape_Final.0001.rib"

this was the command that is working precisely.

If you batch render via the Maya menu, then mayabatch is used with the prman plugin loaded.
Not prman.exe to render the .rib files.
- you have to do the batch render(LocalQueue, Style: immediate rib, local render NOT the mayabatch local), simple render does the RfM plugin

EDIT:
Do you want to render the .mb scenes directly on the farm?
Or do you want to export .rib files and render these files on the farm?
- the .rib files, because is the only way to forcibly use prman. the goal is to use prman with shave&haircut ;] (if the .rib files will be generated to the network, the farm will be speed up avoiding generating the .rib files localy at the end. i know this will end up in congested network, but those .rib files have ±1GB in size and are generated generaly in minutes = this saves hours of render times)

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-cwd.. I like hidden commandline flags which are not shown by prman --help and not in the RenderManProServer help..
Continue testing...
(Damn that the one using Maya Renderman-> .rib -> prman the last time is not available any more)

vertex

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yee right the -cwd flag... i was looking to the support forums, docs, but there is no explanation, not even a word.
i think it divides the path to "<projectdir>" "<ribfile>", where you can probably add also the "<customshader>" "<customtexture>" etc. like if you try to manually set him to render the .rib file. I don't get why it is not working w/o -cwd flag with the whole path to the .rib file.
i'll keep searching.

i'll be going soon(30mins), i'll definately look deeper tomorrow and let you know if i find something useful. but thanks to your question, we now know where is the flaw.

thank you vm,

BR

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, last question:
To be sure everything works for your pipeline, you have a simple maya scene setup for rib export?
With the render settings you like it? Please upload the scene via www.RoyalRender.de/upload_r.php
thanks.

vertex

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is really simple scene - just polygonal sphere. you can make in seconds, but i'll send you mine :]
i set the whole project in maya to the network file server.
generating .rib files in maya thru:
rman genrib command, which could be customized with flags, but for the tests it is enough
and rendering through command:
prman -t:0 -Progress -cwd "<projectdir>" "<ribdir>" everything on the network

settings i set in the maya global render options(720p, 8bit tif, etc...), everything looks ok done localy.
tomorrow i'll add shave into the pipeline, but this is not the point, if distributed render in RR will work, it will be matter of time to add shave as a maya plugin to renders.

and again, many thanks for you precious time!

Martin Luknar

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please enable in window "Render Settings" / tab "Advanced" / group "RIB Options" the setting "Full Path".

But I see that there is still two issues left with the rib reader.
First, you cannot load the 0001.rib, you have to load the perspShape_Final.0001.rib.
But in 0001.rib the RMSTREE is set. Which you covered by defining it in the setenv.
The second issue is that each rib is in its own folder. And somehow the folder is not recognized as sequence.
The workaround would be to move all ribs out of their subfolder before you submit them.

vertex

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Holger,

I'm sorry I'm a little bit late, we had to finish some projects first and farm was occupied.

Well, I've read your topic on the Pixar's forum and have done the full path setting. Now I can render without the -cwd flag(what basically means, that you can set the relative path for the whole render, from what I have read).

1. with full paths, I can render also the 0001.rib files. command is:
Code:
prman -t:0 -Progress X:\rman_test\renderman\test\rib\0001\0001.rib

it now has the same output like command:
Code:
prman -t:0 -Progress X:\rman_test\renderman\test\rib\0001\perspShape_Final.0001.rib

and:
Code:
prman -t:0 -Progress -cwd "X:\rman_test" "renderman\test\rib\0001\perspShape_Final.0001.rib"

2. now the problem is as you mentioned it "The second issue is that each rib is in its own folder. And somehow the folder is not recognized as sequence. "

this could be overriden with simple command script(if we are still talking that RR is executing simple prman command):
Code:
FOR /L %i IN (1,1,5) DO prman -t:0 -Progress X:\rman_test\renderman\test\rib\000%i\000%i.rib

where /L flag specifies counting (start,step,end) or (first frame, step, end frame)

3. now i can start with shave, lights, textures etc.

thank you for now,

BR,
martin

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed the issue in the rrSubmitter and rrClient
You can now select the rib from the subfolder and RR sets the scenename for the job as
\renderman\test\rib\<FN4>\<FN4>.rib

I fixed a different issue as well, as you have not been able to load
renderman\test\rib\0001\0001.rib
You had to load
renderman\test\rib\0001\perspShape_Final.0001.rib

New help files:
"You will have at least two rib files per frame.
E.g. 0001.rib and perspShape_Final.0001.rib.
Please load the rib with the frame number. It defines the environment variable RMSTREE.
If this RMSTREE is not valid for your render farm, please open [RR]\render_apps\_setenv\win\renderman_proserver.bat, remove the rem in front of the RMSTREE line and set the right path. "

The next update will be released mid next week.

vertex

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

great news! I'll keep debugging and searching, will try shaders, textures, everything that is loaded from different paths and shave&haircut plugin also.
will keep you updated.

thanks for your time and support,

Martin Luknar
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Bug reports - v6.x All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: