www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - vray maya render element detection problems
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

vray maya render element detection problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Bug reports - v6.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mrdougw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: vray maya render element detection problems Reply with quote

Hi,

I am a new user. Sorry for the long post, but all of these issues are related and i feel they should be reported together.

It appears to me the inegration of RR and vray render elements is amazing. But it doesn't work right/as expected for us. Here is my setup.

I have maya 2012 x64. My scene has two renderlayers enabled, 'char' and 'girls'.
Render Globals settings :
Vray Common :
File Name Prefix : %s/%l/%l (scene/layerName/layerName)
Image Format : 'exr' (not multichannel)
Render Elements Tab
Separate Folders : checked
Use Referenced : checked
Render element separator : '.'

There are many (~30) render elements in my file, some are from referenced files. they are disabled by default, and only enabled as layer overrides on the render layers they are needed, by the lighter.

If i look at the job for the 'char' renderlayer in rrControl, in the Job Info tab, Scene Information. Here i can see how royal render interprets the render elements. please note that it detects the main render file correctly! Very Happy :

Things that look like they are not working correctly are :
1) the render element 'enabled' attr detection is not working as expected? RR doesn't correctly detect which vray render elements were enabled on a particular layer. rrControl thinks the first 8 render elements in my scene were enabled. In fact the first two were not (multimatte30 and Tex_AO), and a total of 20 elements were enabled. Please see the image below for the list of the render elements enabled. the darkened ones are not enabled on this render layer.

2) RR doesn't read the 'Filename suffix' attr from the render element. Instead it uses the render element node name. this is the default, but for referenced nodes with a namespace ':' this doesn't work (and since they are referenced, its impossible to change the node name). Basically if there is a value in the 'filename suffix' it should just use that instead. Note that when 'extraTex' render element is used, its common to change the 'filename suffix' as well. In my example in rrControl 'char.masterShadersTexUV.#.exr' is actualy rendered by vray as '/UV/char.UV.#.exr' The image below should help clarify.

3) it appears RR doesn't support the "Separate Folders" flag. This option is vital to server health as it prevents having a single directory with thousands of files, but still allows all the speed advantages of not using a multiChannel exr. This will put each render element into a sub-folder with the render element name. in the image below you can see the render directory and how the render elements are split out. The naming of the files inside the folder is also shown in the mouseover info box. this is the normal vray naming with '.' separator.

thanks very much
doug

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The issues are logged as:
#rr2801 Submitter Plugins: vray render elements file names

mrdougw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there, i noticed this didn't make it into 6.2

its still detecting them by using the node name, but stripping the "_"

for now we can start to rename the nodes to match whats in the filenames. but this is not possible to referenced render elements.

we may have to look into modifying the submitter if that's possible. i haven't looked into it yet.

thanks for reading

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally added to the next release .2.07

mrdougw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou thankyou!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Bug reports - v6.x All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: