www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - 3ds Max and renderpresets
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

3ds Max and renderpresets

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Plugins/Extensions/SDK/configs - v6.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  

beuchi

Location/Company/Country: Cube-Creative / France

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: 3ds Max and renderpresets Reply with quote

Hi!

I just found a way to pass a renderpreset file (.rps) in an RR xml job, by modifying the 3dsMAX config file (3D03__3dsMAX__Vray.cfg):
I started by adding
Code:
<Preset -preset:"<Preset>">

in the commandLine that seemed to be a 3dsmaxcmd.exe set of flags (-scenestate, -showRFW, etc.) but that made my jobs "crash"

So I thought, and I figured out that the set of xml flags was actually predefined and that there was a set of 3 "Custom" flags that I finally used to pass the preset file, like this:
Code:
<CustomA -preset:"<CustomA>">

It works, and that's pretty cool, but I was wondering if there is another way to do that, or actually if there is a way to append a kind of <RenderPreset> custom flag, because I'd like these XML to be edited by lighting artists (to re-send jobs without openning Max for ex.) and so I want them to be the more comprehensible that can be.

Actually I am not sure that I understood well how the config files are made! Smile is there a documentation somewhere about it?
Thanks,

Paul.

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The help about render configs is this:
www.RoyalRender.de/help/index.htm?Customization/Renderer/Config_files/Config_files.htm

As you have to define a file name for the preset, you can only use the CustomX parameter.
You can add additional flags, but that would only be enable/disable and a value, but no file name.

beuchi

Location/Company/Country: Cube-Creative / France

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you!
It would be nice however to be able to add custom flags other than CustomA, B, C!
Nevertheless this solution is gonna be enough for what I have to do.
Paul.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Plugins/Extensions/SDK/configs - v6.x All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: