www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - Flake Shader Setup / BA_Carpaint Compound
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

Flake Shader Setup / BA_Carpaint Compound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Problems / How do I...?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

chiak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Flake Shader Setup / BA_Carpaint Compound Reply with quote

Hi,

i wanted to use the Flake Mat,
but can't reproduce any result you showed off on your website. :/

when drag'n'dropping the BA-flakes Node into my Material Editor, i get this error-message:

Quote:
' ERROR : Unable to upgrade shader: Softimage.BA_flakes.1.0. The definition was not found in the Shader Definition Manager.
' ERROR : 21000-REND-CreateShaderFromPreset - Unspecified failure
CreateShaderFromPreset "C:\Users\mgutowski\Autodesk\Softimage_2011\Addons\baEssential\Data\DSPresets\Shaders\Texture\BA_flakes.Preset", "Sources.Materials.DefaultLib.Phong"

i tried your compound also, but didnt understand how to get it to work with an shader.
when opening the flakes example scene, i get an transparent elephant with no flakes at all.
a "transparent" material, no material whatsoever.

i am working with softimage 2011, ba essentials v25.00.02

pls leave me a note,
chiak.

chiak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

restarting xsi, setting the projekt on your sample scene now give me now the right results.
the ba car shader compound now has an output, and even the ba_flakes material works, with shader input.

- i now exported a material lib to C:\
- changing the project, trying to import the lib
- i am getting this error:

Quote:
' WARNING : 3239 - Unable to create node of type "shader" named "BA_Add2" at index 0 using progid "baEssential.BA_color_mixer.1" during shader compound import.".
' WARNING : 3239 - Unable to create node of type "shader" named "BA_flakes" at index 1 using progid "baEssential.BA_flakes.1" during shader compound import.".
' WARNING : 3239 - Unable to create node of type "shader" named "spec3" at index 2 using progid "baEssential.BA_illum_spec.1" during shader compound import.".
' WARNING : 3239 - Unable to create node of type "shader" named "BA_color_mixer" at index 8 using progid "baEssential.BA_color_mixer.1" during shader compound import.".
' WARNING : 3239 - Unable to create node of type "shader" named "spec1_A" at index 12 using progid "baEssential.BA_illum_spec.1" during shader compound import.".
' WARNING : 3239 - Unable to create node of type "shader" named "spec3_B" at index 13 using progid "baEssential.BA_illum_spec.1" during shader compound import.".
' WARNING : 3239 - Unable to create node of type "shader" named "Diffuse_2" at index 14 using progid "baEssential.BA_illum_spec.1" during shader compound import.".
' WARNING : 3000 - Can't do name resolution on a source port on shader node #1 with port named .
' WARNING : 3238 - Unable to resolve source when trying to make connection during shader compound import. SourceName: "" TargetName: "layer_color".
' WARNING : 3237 - Unable to resolve target when trying to make connection during shader compound import. SourceName: "" TargetName: "layer_color".
' WARNING : 3000 - Can't do name resolution on a source port on shader node #2 with port named .
' WARNING : 3238 - Unable to resolve source when trying to make connection during shader compound import. SourceName: "" TargetName: "input2".
' WARNING : 3000 - Can't do name resolution on a source port on shader node #2 with port named .
' WARNING : 3238 - Unable to resolve source when trying to make connection during shader compound import. SourceName: "" TargetName: "input1".
' WARNING : 3237 - Unable to resolve target when trying to make connection during shader compound import. SourceName: "" TargetName: "weight_scl".
' WARNING : 3000 - Can't do name resolution on a source port on shader node #8 with port named .
' WARNING : 3238 - Unable to resolve source when trying to make connection during shader compound import. SourceName: "" TargetName: "diffuse".
' WARNING : 3237 - Unable to resolve target when trying to make connection during shader compound import. SourceName: "" TargetName: "diffuse".
' WARNING : 3000 - Can't do name resolution on a source port on shader node #12 with port named .
' WARNING : 3238 - Unable to resolve source when trying to make connection during shader compound import. SourceName: "" TargetName: "input2".
' WARNING : 3000 - Can't do name resolution on a source port on shader node #13 with port named .
' WARNING : 3000 - Can't do name resolution on a source port on shader node #14 with port named .
' WARNING : 3238 - Unable to resolve source when trying to make connection during shader compound import. SourceName: "" TargetName: "input".
' WARNING : 3000 - Can't do name resolution on a source port on shader node #14 with port named .
' WARNING : 3238 - Unable to resolve source when trying to make connection during shader compound import. SourceName: "" TargetName: "input1".
' WARNING : 3237 - Unable to resolve target when trying to make connection during shader compound import. SourceName: "" TargetName: "base_color".
' WARNING : 3237 - Unable to resolve target when trying to make connection during shader compound import. SourceName: "" TargetName: "UVWcoord".
' WARNING : 3237 - Unable to resolve target when trying to make connection during shader compound import. SourceName: "" TargetName: "weight_scl".
' WARNING : 3237 - Unable to resolve target when trying to make connection during shader compound import. SourceName: "" TargetName: "input_shader".
' ERROR : Could not create shader : BA_CarPaint - ProgID : XSIRTCOMPOUND.BA_CarPaint.1.0
SIImportMatLib "C:\\lib2.xsi"

Ba_flakes with shader input doesn't work, and the loaded compound has no output. :/

hope this helps.
thx in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Problems / How do I...? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: