www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - frame range ignored when job assigned multiple times
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

frame range ignored when job assigned multiple times

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Questions - v6.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  

rmh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: frame range ignored when job assigned multiple times Reply with quote

Hey there,
I recently had to cancel a render job because the renderings took too long. Now I lowered the quality settings in maya/Vray, saved the scene under the same name (because I am using the scene name in my image names and want the new frames to have the same naming as the already rendered ones) and would like to render the remaining frames. As there are several chunks of images missing I started several render jobs from the same scene (one for frame250 - 280, one for frame 320 - 360 and so on...).

After several hours of rendering royal render still did not state a single frame to be "done", so I checked what all the render clients were doing and realized: despite of the frame range settings all of the render jobs start at frame 101, just like the original scene did. All of the clients render all of the frames anew from the beginning on, they just do not copy the rendered frames to the destination folder but simply keep them locally.

This is really annoying, so I would be very grateful if anybody could help me out with this one. Thanks!

rmh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more thing: when submitting the jobs to royal render from within maya I did not choose to save the scene beforehand every time. The appearing message only says the scene "should" be saved, not "has to". And the scene is always the same only the frame range differs. Anyways, could this be the reason? The job info window in rrControl always stated the correct frame ranges...

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You do not need to save the scene if you just change the frame range.
The frame range is transferred to the submitter and what is set in the scene does not matter any more.

If you change the frame range in the maya settings, then it can be that you have to close the render settings dialog to force maya to save the settings.
But you can change the frame range at the submitter, no need to close it every time.
Just hit the + on the right top "Scene settings".

But usally you should never be forced to send small chunks to fill up missing frames.
There are usally two ways how you do it:
1. Disable&abort the job.
Change the scene and save it.
optional: You reset & delete frames.
Enable the job again.

2. Disable&abort the job
Delete the Job
Change the scene and save it.
Submit the scene with the full range.
The submitter asks if the old frames should be deleted. Press No.

At last:
In your case, it seems that there is an other issue.
Because RR should never overwrite frames.
So there seems to be a difference between the frame name rendered to disk and the frame name shown in rrControl.
Therefore the rrServer does not find the images.
Please compare the path+name in rrControl with the path+name written.
What is the difference?

Which version of the RR Maya plugin are you using? It is logged into the Maya script/log view (lower right corner icon) when you start the submitter.

rmh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Holger. I could have hit on the fact that I do not need to change the frame range from within maya by myself...
Unfortunately I already deleted the job which caused the trouble and cannot check the frame names. Anyhow, next time a similar problem ocurrs I'll do that. (We just started using RR and it ocurred already several times that royal render did not adopt the proper frame range from maya render layers or that the render clients rendered frames locally but did not copy them to the proper destination folder.).

Next time I'll check everything and keep the job so you might me able to help me out.

Our RR submit plugin is v6.01.00
We are currently working with the VRay 2.0 beta version - maybe this could cause some trouble as well?
Regards,
Matthias

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yes, It could be an issue with VRay 2.0. It was never tested.
And the RR plugin could read the wrong values (e.g Maya or VRay 1.0 settings) regarding frame range and file name (then the RR server does not find finished frames, the issue you had).

I just wanted to log a bug and try to repro the issue, but the VRay site states:
"V-Ray RT for Maya Beta Program: V-Ray RT for Maya builds are currently not accessible. Please, excuse any caused inconvenience.".
Do you have an installer? Can you upload them via www.RoyalRender.de/upload.php?

There will be an RR update today and if there is time left, I can perhaps take a look at it today.

rmh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent you an email.

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked it installer zip.
Inside the file is vray_adv_150SP1_maya2011_x64, not VRay 2.0...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Questions - v6.x All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: