www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - Regarding ba_raylength shader
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

Regarding ba_raylength shader

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Problems / How do I...?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

alteredgene

Location/Company/Country: new zealand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Regarding ba_raylength shader Reply with quote

Good afternoon everyone : )

I have been looking around for shader that could do inverse normal AO for long time, and finally found the BA-raylength shader. Thank you very much guys : ) and it works beautifully.

I am running the shader on max platform, not sure if that is the reason, but finding it bit challenging understanding the parameters.

Basically, i do lot of architectural visulisation, and was really impressed with your

"Example of "Inverted Normal (Edges)", modified with a noise:"

as that was exactly what i wanted to achieve parametically.

However, after hours of experimentation, i could not get my shader to do the same thing.

I think i am starting to understand which shader parameters does what, but wasn't succesfful on achieving the effect.

i would really appreciate if you could give me a push in a right direction, my first guess was pluggin in noise into "spread", which didn't really work, and tried plugging noise to near, far output, without any sucess.

Perhaps if you would be kind enough to share with me the shader tree for that example? though i don't use softimage, it would definitely be helpful.

Again, thank you very much for sharing such great shaders, and would appreciate hugely if you could help me out getting the best out of it : )

looking forward hearing from you, thank you in advance : )

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The noise was applied after the Raylength shader as a simple mask.

echo_Fremen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im using Max too.Noise working well but i have a problem with using ba_raylegth+noise as a displacement map. It just doesnt work like a simple map. Mb its my fault. I hope u can help me with this one.

Thanks for any help and Im sorry for my English Embarassed

echo_Fremen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its seems like ray tracing going on after displacement procedure so it physically cant be done during 1 render. I think render to texture could help me out but the main idea was automatic procedural shader. Too bad.

Mb some another way exists?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Problems / How do I...? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: