www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - Modo rendering problem
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

Modo rendering problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Requests - v6.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  

simmsimaging

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Modo rendering problem Reply with quote

Hi - apologies in advance: I'm not well versed in network rendering or networking in general so I am starting at a low base here.

Just trying the demo to see if I can use RR to replace modo's network rendering so I can tile render large still images. No animation required at all - just stills.

I've installed as per the instructions and clients are running on 3 machines. I submitted a render via the script from within modo and it sends it out without any visible errors. For now I just enabled 1 machine to receive the job.

That render slave shows that is working on the job, but nothing is really happening. Modo_cl.exe is running and holding enough RAM to do the job, but CPU's are idling around 12% and nothing is being done. (My workstation can render this test file no problem and it should take about 5-10 minutes.). No frame preview is available.
This is what shows in the render client window:

02.19 14:21.12; DailyExecute: Start...
02.19 14:22.57; Job Received: {30-} JobWorkingFiles|Modo|--|shKit_Test_01_002_04_SUBD
02.19 14:22.57; Auto-version change. Job: 4.01 config: 4.1
02.19 14:35.55; Command: Abort
02.19 14:35.55; excuting abort command
02.19 14:35.58; Job Aborted: {30-} JobWorkingFiles|Modo|--|shKit_Test_01_002_04_SUBD
02.19 14:38.26; Job Received: {3-7} JobWorkingFiles|Modo|--|shKit_Test_01_002_04_SUBD
02.19 14:38.26; Auto-version change. Job: 4.01 config: 4.1
02.19 14:48.43; Command: Abort
02.19 14:48.44; excuting abort command
02.19 14:48.47; Job Aborted: {3-7} JobWorkingFiles|Modo|--|shKit_Test_01_002_04_SUBD
02.19 14:50.54; Warning - Server connection took 7.01s
02.19 14:54.02; Command: Ignore current CPU usage
02.19 14:54.17; Job Received: {3-7} JobWorkingFiles|Modo|--|shKit_Test_01_002_04_SUBD
02.19 14:54.17; Auto-version change. Job: 4.01 config: 4.1

Same thing happens with the other two clients if I run them instead. Is there something obvious that I missed in the setup?

Thanks in advance

b

simmsimaging

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restarted everything again this morning to give it another try. The clients are now accepting the job and all appear able to render. Not sure what changed, but there you go.

I'm trying the tile render option, which is my primary interest, but that does not seem to be happening for some reason. I choose "tile frame" and set the tiles to 4 (4 clients allowed in demo, so that's 3 nodes plus my workstation). Only 3 nodes will accept the job, one is always idle. The active 3 show the rendering in progress in the status bar, but no previews are available and it seems that each one is actually rendering the whole frame.

Wondering if tile rendering is disabled in the demo, or am I missing a step somewhere?

Thanks /b

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Tile rendering is not (yet) supported for modo.

simmsimaging

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah - that would explain it. For me this is all I really need RR for (we don't animate here). Is there any definitive plans for when that function might be added? It would be a first - so far neither Deadline, nor Butterfly Net Render were able to get it working with modo either (at least as of 4-6 months ago).

Thanks
b

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is currently no time schedule for the issue
#rr1488 Render Config: Modo: tile rendering

There are currently about 100 issues logged for RR, more coming in every day.

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update:
I am still working on the tile rendering.
It took more time as RR has to overwrite the image name.
And this results in rendering the default "Final Color".
(Same as if you use the "render animation" command in modo and enter a new file name)

I know other render manager do it this way, but I want to get tile rendering working with all output layer types.
And after some digging it seems to be working for the next update this week.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Requests - v6.x All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: