www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - Solid Volume problems with RR and ray3.exe
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

Solid Volume problems with RR and ray3.exe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

etmthree

Location/Company/Country: Q Division, New York City

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Solid Volume problems with RR and ray3.exe Reply with quote

I've been working with the new version of the solid volume shader (which is beautiful!), and have run into 2 big problems. We're in a deadline crunch so I don't have time for a big investigation, and I haven't found related posts on the forums, but maybe these are known issues for which there are simple fixes:

1. When using the solid volume shader, which is installed in a networked workgroup directory, renders managed by Royal Render produce only unusable frames -- nothing like the result on a local render (see image attached). The shader is in this case being driven by the stock fractal scalar in XSI 7.01.
2. Standalone distributed rendering (which would be very helpful on this job) using ray3.exe and rayhosting does not work with the solid volume shader, producing a "no license present" error. I have checked to see that independently, the master and slave machines all render locally with the shader with no problems.

Thanks for any help or advice you might be able to provide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: