www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - In case of WOL is not working [solved]
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

In case of WOL is not working [solved]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Plugins/Extensions/SDK/configs - v6.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  

vertex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: In case of WOL is not working [solved] Reply with quote

Hi Holger,

I was working on an issue with WOL not working on my machines. You can add it to the FAQ as an option.

In case you are using normal computers, not racks or servers as your farm and they have onboard LAN NIC and your WOL is set up in Device Manager in Windows and it is still not working, try updating your BIOS to the latest version available.
The option "Wake up on LAN/Wake on LAN/etc" in my old BIOS wasn't there, even in the new BIOS is still not there, WOL is working now. After updating, LED(the one indicating connection, not activity) is turned on even after computer is shut down(was turned off with the old BIOS).
So this should also be there:

1. Turn off Erp(Erp Lot 6 - new European standard for power consumption in standby mode), because it disables WOL automatically
2. Update BIOS to the latest version possible.

Regards,

Martin Luknar

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I added it to the help files.

pbillet

Location/Company/Country: Paris/CGEV Studio/France

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, while we are ont it, I may add on recent machines with intel lan embedded, WOL is not handled in bios anymore, and underW7, it need to be configured in the advanced drivers options, the trick is default w7 drivers do support the cards but won't have the option, only intel drivers do.
So to keep it simple intel card-> intel driver ( not micro$oft placebo)

rgds

alvius

Location/Company/Country: Vilnius/OKTA/Lithuania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also to enable WOL you might need to enable Wake on PCI or Wake on PCIE in BIOS.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Plugins/Extensions/SDK/configs - v6.x All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: