www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - change the FileName in rrSubmit_Maya_8.5+.py
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

change the FileName in rrSubmit_Maya_8.5+.py

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Plugins/Extensions/SDK/configs - v6.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  

topher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: change the FileName in rrSubmit_Maya_8.5+.py Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm looking for a way to set the FileName in the Scene Settings to <Layer>__<SceneFile>\<Layer>. every time someone sends something from Maya via the rrSubmit_Maya_8.5+.py Script.

Right now we're using the Presets, but it's easy to forget to click on "Apply to checked" and we so the renderings can be found all over the place.

I've had a quick look at the rrSubmit_Maya8.5+.py Script but my Programming skills aren't advanced enough to mess with the code, while we're in full production.

Maybe there's someone who can help me set the FileName in the Submitter to <Layer>__<SceneFile>\<Layer>. while leaving the Image Dir at [Maya Project]\images\

Regards
Chris

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can set the preset to use in the maya render config or in the submitter preset files:

PathPresets= <Layer>__<SceneFile>\<Layer>
OverridePathPreset= 1~0~<Layer>__<SceneFile>\<Layer>

topher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately your solution doesn't work as I wished it would:
When I change the OverridePathPreset= 1~0~<Layer>__<SceneFile>\<Layer> in the Machines preset file, nothing happens when I send a Maya scene.
Changing the 1~0~ to 1~1~ helped automatically changing to the preset. BUT I can't apply a different preset (there is one other for still frames) by pressing "apply to checked".
And what's even worse: It changes the path for every job even Fusion-Comps. So this is not an option.

Is the mentioned "maya render config" = the rrSubmit_Maya_8.5+.py Script? This would bring me back to the problem that I don't know where and how to change the path within this script.

Regards
Chris

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you set it in the Maya render config file, then it will not be used for Fusion.
The render config is located in RR\render_apps\_config\3D02__Maya2008__Mray.cfg.

But then the problem still exists that you have only one preset, not two for still frames + animation,

topher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

It's kind of working.
I added the suggested lines to the Maya config file. When sending a Scene from Maya the first time nothing happens. The Name stays the same. But when I close the scene (even without saving it at any point) and open it again, the File name prefix in the Maya Render Settings is changed to "%l__%s\%l". From there on the right Directory and Name is set. This only happens, when I close the Maya-File in between. Just sending the file a second time doesn't change anything.

Kind of strange that I changes the File Name prefix without the need to save the file.
Unfortunately the change happens only when the file is send via RR, closed, and opened again.
The Artists don't like that the file name prefix is changed in Maya, as the Batch render Images to specific predefined folders.

Which will leave me wit the task of getting into python and dissecting the "rrSubmit_Maya_8.5+.py Script" to change the Path\Name in there. While I'm at it I'll try to change it depending if the user is sending a single frame or a sequence.

Thank you for your help so far.
Chris

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am sorry, but RR does not change the maya file itself.
The settings in the maya render config apply to the rrSubmitter only.

topher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very strange. I couldn't imagine how RR would do it. Now I have to find out how and why Maya does it. I can't recall changing any Maya Settings.

Thanks for your reply
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Plugins/Extensions/SDK/configs - v6.x All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: