www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - Ba raylenght ao alpha transparency stacked layers?
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

Ba raylenght ao alpha transparency stacked layers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Problems / How do I...?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

malcolm341

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Ba raylenght ao alpha transparency stacked layers? Reply with quote

I've got the ba ray length shader hooked up to the colour switcher so I can use the ambient occlusion with transparencies but I've run into a problem. I've got a bunch of quads layered on top of each other using an alpha channel to create grass clumps. As soon as I use more than one layer on top of another the overlapping area turns black and becomes opaque. Does the ao shader support multiple transparencies in front of one another?

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a slider for the number of intersection in the transparency section.

malcolm341

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I had another issue as well. I accidentally had the draft preset turned on in mental ray. I needed to turn up the raytracing depth in your shader to the number of quads I want to raytrace through as well as turn up the max trace depth and refractions to that same number in the mental ray quality tab under raytracing. I'll try to get this working in maya 2010 now since I was having trouble with that before seems to work fine in maya 2009.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Problems / How do I...? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: