www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - Running on a 3 Computer Home Network?
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

Running on a 3 Computer Home Network?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Questions - v6.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  

guitarmageddon666

Location/Company/Country: Australia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Running on a 3 Computer Home Network? Reply with quote

Hi,

I currently have 3 win7 x64 computers on the same home network that i would like to utilise for rendering. There is no fileserver, only a standard windows shared network folder between the three.

My questions is, how can i install all the necessary files and plugins without a fileserver?

I've successfully rendered some nukescripts out through the basic install with no problem, but now i need to do some 3ds max and will require a submit from within max. I've tried copying the plugins over manually and changing setenv but all i get is errors in max. Backburner works ok, but i need the ability to submit other programs to the 'farm'.

Any suggestions?

Thank you - Ben

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to turn one of your machines into a "fileserver". It works as long as you have less than 6 clients.
Create a network share on the machine.

Then you have to do all work via this network share.
If you are working on the same machine, then you can not use the local harddrive letter. As the other machines do not have this harddrive.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Questions - v6.x All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: