www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - ftp upload
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

ftp upload

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Questions - v6.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Brun0oO

Location/Company/Country: Bordeaux, France

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: ftp upload Reply with quote

Hi,

I have some questions about the possibility to upload the local website to an external web server :

1) What is the upload frequency when I choose to 'upload local website to ftp'? Can it be changed?
2) Is it possible to upload the log files? Perhaps, you can add another filters like for "Global Tables", "Project Tables",...
3) Is it possible to change the link to our local website (command link) with an other IP? The idea is to make functional the commands outside our intranet.

Regards,

www.axyz-images.com

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

1. Every half hour. It cannot be changed.
2. No, that is way to much files and data. I even recommend not to upload all large jpegs if you have many jobs.
3. No, it is not possible to change the IP. You can set in rrConfig, tab "clients global" that it uses the name and not the IP. Then you can set an IP for the name in your host file of your OS.

Brun0oO

Location/Company/Country: Bordeaux, France

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are trying to use the web site mirroring feature because our artists need to follow as mush as possible the rendering of their jobs outside their office. They often check the rendering process not the quality (result of rendering).

Quote:
1. Every half hour. It cannot be changed.

If the update occurs every half hour, I don't see any change on our web site (even the local or the remote one) since half hour. I've checked the date under the RR logo.
For our artists, it would be very useful to see the current time stamp and an ETA of the next change.

[edit]
remote server time : 05.28. 14:42.48
local server time : 05.28. 15:34.24
my current time : 05.28 15:56
[/edit]

Quote:
2. No, that is way to much files and data. I even recommend not to upload all large jpegs if you have many jobs.

Yes, I understand your point of view but if the job has crashed, it could be useful to have a look to the log. In our case, if we have the choice, we prefer not to upload jpegs (even large or small) but we prefer to upload log file (there are good candidate for compression).

Quote:
3. No, it is not possible to change the IP. You can set in rrConfig, tab "clients global" that it uses the name and not the IP. Then you can set an IP for the name in your host file of your OS.

ok, we are going to try the host file tips.

www.axyz-images.com

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I don't see any change on our web site
The local rrWebsite website should update every 10 seconds.
So the time display should also change.
If not, then there is probably a bug.
Which RR version do you use?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Questions - v6.x All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: