www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - Volume Shader angle render problem in Soft 7.5
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

Volume Shader angle render problem in Soft 7.5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Problems / How do I...?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Werner_SA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Volume Shader angle render problem in Soft 7.5 Reply with quote

Hi,

I’m trying to render particles flowing along a curve. The camera is looking at the particle flow and then needs to move into the particle volume and pan so that we move forward with the particles along the curve.

The problem I am having is that the Volume shader in Softimage 7.5 renders fine for the first bit...until the camera is changing angle (pointing into the same direction as the particle movement) and getting closer to the particles. It looks like the volume is hollow. This is where nothing gets rendered anymore.
I disconnected the particle density from the Particle Volume shader just to test this. Even with the Volume Shader as a bounding box it clips on certain viewing angles and becomes hollow.

Not sure how to fix this...any ideas?

bblakesley

Location/Company/Country: Shaw Science Inc.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: similar problem Reply with quote

I think I'm having a similar problem, so hopefully this will help diagnose it for both of us. I think it's a general volume leakage problem since I can sort of recreate the problem with the generic XSI volume effects shader.
I have the particle volume shader applied to a polymesh in XSI 7.1. At subdivision 0 and 2 I don't have a problem. At subdee 1 certain camera angles show a flat grey filled object and sometimes red. My mesh had a hole that I filled and froze the mesh at the modeling level. There are no holes currently in the mesh but I still get the problem. If I apply the XSI volume effects shader I get the whole render region filled with volume that suggests a leak in the mesh.
Does this help identify the problem?

Edit - rereading the previous post - they are probably different issues - Sorry

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For poly objects, please try to increase the mesh splitting factor in the render settings to something high.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Problems / How do I...? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: