www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - Trouble opening Volume Shader sample scenes in XSI 7
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

Trouble opening Volume Shader sample scenes in XSI 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Problems / How do I...?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

GoldenAge2317

Location/Company/Country: San Diego, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Trouble opening Volume Shader sample scenes in XSI 7 Reply with quote

Greetings:

I've upgraded to XSI 7 (32 bit), installed Volume Shader version 3.6.20 (after deinstalling version 3.0), and tried opening up the sample scenes; regardless of which one I opened, I got the following error:

ERROR : 2000 - Unable to create object [CLSID\{A8BF89CA-1025-11D2-B5FD-006094EB029C}] : %SUMATRAPATH%\moaudio.dll, Cleanup will be performed.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you,

Jared

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried to repro this do not get this error.

Do you get this error also if you open other old scenes?
As it is related to a Softimage DLL moaudio.dll.

But as it is something with the softimage audio, the render tree should load just fine.
It can be that you have to re-place the particle density shader in XSI 7 with the new version.

Also you have new samples scenes in the Softimage sample database, folder Scenes\rendering\ICE....

GoldenAge2317

Location/Company/Country: San Diego, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Oops - my fault Reply with quote

Mr. Schoenberger,

First off, sorry for initially posting this in the wrong forum area. I think I figured out what is wrong - I had a virus prior to installing the BA Volume Shaders and in fixing the problem my Registry Cleaner software removed several critical XSI .dll's, as nothing can be rendered. I have to reinstall Windows XP and XSI, as I am randomly getting the blue screen of death at inopportune moments. Will let you know if I continue to have problems. Can't wait to see how your shaders work with ICE, anticipate some spectacular artwork coming out in the next few months.

Regards,

Jared
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Problems / How do I...? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: