www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - BA_texture3dwarp problem in 3ds max
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

BA_texture3dwarp problem in 3ds max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Problems / How do I...?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Q'ba

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: BA_texture3dwarp problem in 3ds max Reply with quote

First a little background - I've been looking for a shader similar to John Burnett's WarpTexture or BerconDistortion - basically a way to do texture distortions using RGB maps, which is compatible with mental ray. BA_texture3dwarp seems to fit the bill, but I'm unable to install/use it succesfully.

The shader itself loads fine - I had to change the output from vector to color in the decl file- max apparently does not show shaders that output vector data - however the actual warp does not happen - the shader simply multiplies color values of the base texture by the warp texture...

I'm using 3ds max 2012 64-bit, also tried in 2013 with same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The input has to be the texture coordinates and then you can warp the texture coordinates.
You do not warp any texture itself.

And then use the warped texture coordinates and plug the into a texture shader.

kthalas

Location/Company/Country: Lima, Perú

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Hi, here is another 3ds max user :) Reply with quote

Hi, I downloaded the 24.0v version, I am very interested on this shader so I loaded it on 3ds Max 2013 ... the problem is that it didn't show up. Q'ba seems to have found a work around, please tell me how you did it >__< . I opened the mi file but I couldn't find the "output" part that you mentioned. Finally is this the correct way of solving the issue?.

EDIT: I found it, without any changes, on the "slate" material editor (node based) . I found this topic : http://www.binaryalchemy.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1029 . By any chance do you know what kind of node should I use on 3ds max ( for the "coord" part of the shader). Thx for this great shaders BTW.

PD: Sorry for my horrible english Embarassed

kthalas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Solved! Reply with quote

Very Happy , Ok I hope this help someone. After a whole day of reading about the "hidden" shaders of mentalray I found that all what we need are this shaders (for the effect described on the post I linked) :

mib_texture_vector, mib_texture_remap (this gave us the "texture_projection_lookup") and finally mib_texture_lookup (the recommended "image lookup").

The problem: all this shaders are "hidden", not a big problem just search them on the "base_max.mi" file and add the "#" to comment that line of code.

then we open our new and useful "slate material editor" and make the connections. connect the texture vector to the texture remap input, connect the remap to coord in the BA_texture3d_warp shader. add the deformation map (i.e. a noise map) to the "color_noise" input. Finally connect the ouput of the BA_texture3d_warp shader to the coord input of the texture lookup connect that to a input color of a material (the diffuse color of an A&D) and voilá Cool

Thanx for this great shaders. I hope and we get someday the last version of your shader package for Max, it will be so cool Smile.

Sorry for my english Embarassed and that's it!

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the description

kthalas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Ohh well Reply with quote

I created the effect that I wanted with the texture. Now I'm wondering what to do if I want to warp a vertexcolormap with it, the "texture look up" accepts the map but the warp isn't showing. I deleted the warp3d node and connect the "texture projection lookup" directly , for tests, and it didn't work either (no coords was taken from this guy) . So what would be the approach? even a softimage example will help me Smile (I'm a 3ds max user). Thanx in advance

My english is bad, I know ... Sad

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure that it will work with vertex maps (that are locked to the vertices), only textures.

murzilka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My RAYLENGHT node is working fine on MAX 2015, but the TextureWARP doesnt... Anyone with 2015?
Also, once I succeed to unhide the TEXTURE LOOKUP node on my old laptop, but now I cannot on the other...
I do everything the same way, in BASE_MAX.MI

My other laptos is gone, dead... I noted somewhere that I succeed to use TextureWarp node, but I cannot remember how.

And please anyone succeed at all do this?
http://www.binaryalchemy.de/help/baEssential/Shader/Texture/Raylength/Raylength.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> Shader Problems / How do I...? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: