www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - REDSHIFT "cuda devices"
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

REDSHIFT "cuda devices"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Requests - v6.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  

poly2render

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: REDSHIFT "cuda devices" Reply with quote

Hallo,
I do have a generell question about the use of softimage with REDSHIFT as renderer...
I do have a Maschine with 4 titan black to render with Redshift - 2 cards do speed up double but the rest of the cards do help rendering but without a scaled boost in time.
If I start 4 batch scripts with the selection of only 1 cuds device each - I do have 4 time 100% of the performance "super"...

Now my question related to RR...
Is it possible to start a job in RR which does start a job 4 times with only one cuda device selected (0, 1, 2, 3)?
or can I start one job for each cuda device separate?

Would be pleased to hear from you
Best regards

schoenberger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Sorry, this is not yet possible. I have added this to the GPU improvement ticket for 7.5 early next year.
You can add a flag for a job or for a client to use only card 1, but this would not help in your case.
If you do not send jobs to this machine only.

How are your other GPU machines build? Perhaps it is still possible.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Requests - v6.x All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: