www.BinaryAlchemy.de :: View topic - rrSubmitterconsole can't find configuration
 SearchSearch   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 
If you create a new post, please use a topic that describes your problem
Documento sin título

rrSubmitterconsole can't find configuration

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Questions - v6.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  

HarryLong

Location/Company/Country: Cape Town/Triggerfish/South Africa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: rrSubmitterconsole can't find configuration Reply with quote

I am trying to use rrSubmitterconsole to submit a rendering job to the render farm directly without passing through the GUI.
When I execute the command and send it to the rrSubmitter all works fine (i.e I just click submit jobs and all works to plan)
Code:

\\royal\royal6\bin\win\rrSubmitter \\karoo\stickman\rnd\Rendering\harry_long\DummyProject\tmp\tmp_file.scn "DefaultClientGroup=0~PREVIEW_GROUP" -Softwware SoftImage -Renderer "Arnold Render 2.10" -Layer Default_Pass -Camera rotating_camera -ImageDir \\karoo\stickman\rnd\Rendering\harry_long\output\ -ImageFileName OUT_RR -SeqStart 1 -SeqEnd 180 -SeqStep 1

The issue arises when I replace the rrSubmitter with rrSubmitterconsole, I then receive the following error:

Quote:

Copyright(c) Holger Schoenberger. All rights reserved.
Binary Alchemy - digital materialization
----------------------------------------------------------------
09.17 10:00.07; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
09.17 10:00.07; rrSubmitter console 6.01.69 rrVer6.01.69
09.17 10:00.07; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
09.17 10:00.08; Time Zone 02:00.00
09.17 10:00.08; Error - Error: No render config file found for software Arnold Render 2.10 !
No jobs send, exit code 1
09.17 10:00.08; Application Down

So my question is - How does Royal Render match a given Renderer name to it's configuration? And why would it manage to do so when sending the job through the GUI but not through the command line?[/code]

HarryLong

Location/Company/Country: Cape Town/Triggerfish/South Africa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: The problem was that I didn't specify the software Reply with quote

OK I will respond to my own question in case others face similar issues. The problem didn't come from the Renderer option but from the lack of the '-Software' option. Once I specified this it worked like a charm. So both the Renderer name and the Software name are used to fetch the necessary configuration.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.BinaryAlchemy.de Forum Index -> old - RR Questions - v6.x All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: